Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday Shenanigans

I just called it that to make you think I've been up to stuff. Sorry. I've been writing and working and now thinking about the ever-present laundry. I just might do it too.

Work was okay. Apart from the face that everyone in London seems to think they've been poisoned. Some idiot thought it would be a really good idea to bandy NHS Direct's number about on Friday. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that using NHSD as the signposting agency for public health concern is wrong, far from it. I am saying that it's been 3 weeks since the poor Russian spy got poisoned. Wait until Monday before releasing our name and number, use that time to properly decide how to best process the calls and train staff in the new procedure. Don't do it Friday, knowing that the weekend is the busiest time, don't call in extra staff, don't dither about the procedure and change it 3 times during an 8 hour shift. Piss-up and brewery, the last words I shall say on the subject.

Apart from that, I've been preparing for Boy's birthday on Tuesday. He's going to be a teenager and I'm getting a bit excited about it. I'm going to be a mother of a teenager! Speaking of which, I'd better stash the goodies before he gets back.

8 comments:

  1. How exciting, a teen in the house!

    I love teens as you can probably tell. Now, boys birthday's is another matter, i never know what to buy boys. I have 9 boys to buy for this Christmas from 3 - 15.

    Good job i have a theme ;~)

    I was very worried about the Russian, poor fellow and he was nice with it, even for an ex spy.

    Is that your cat? Very nice it is too. Did i see a small pic of yourself and son on your notice board before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:10 pm

    Bless that cat!

    But not the Russian Spy. Or more accurately, the Health Protection Agency. Were you there when the changed the questionnaire again? Stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely - teenhood should be celebrated - especially as it seems much more significant than the now irrelevant 18 and 21 ages...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:14 pm

    Dianne ~ I know one thing for certain, I'm not going to be bored. Boys aren't that difficult to buy things for, they like games that kill, black t-shirts, DVDs, boardgames. That's the ex-flea ridden cat, Solitare.

    Gertie ~ I was there when they did it the first few times. *sigh* I am not looking forward to tomorrow's shift.

    Asylum Leader ~ Welcome. Teenhood is the reason reincarnation sucks big-time. Most cultures celebrate 13 as the true entrance to adulthood, and given how fast kids grow up these days. I think it's important to make a right fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't be so sure becoming a teenager is all good ;)

    Games good, DVDs good, gadgets good, and, as a sub-set of gadgets, I could always do with a nifty new torch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a big black spider in your sink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, cats rock.

    Have NHS Direct placed a block-order for Giga Counters yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. IM - well that's your X-mas sorted out then. Thanks for the Kevin on YouTube. Rowan huffed at it and walked away. I think he'll be back to take notes when I've gone to bed.

    Gary - you should see the one in the bath!

    Ing - all I can say about the whole situation is AAAARRRRRrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...