Saturday, November 04, 2006

Waiting for the Weekend

I haven't been home long and already I want to crawl into bed. I am not cut out for earlies. Mind you, I'm not cut out for lates either. But one thing has to be said for doing earlies, the time at work seems to whizz by. I've also got into the habit of having late breaks and lunches as it makes the time go even faster.

Today's calls had a theme. Let me share. They went along the lines of...

"I've had really bad toothache/vomiting and diahorrea/chest infection/bleeding from various parts of the body since Monday."

"What do you mean you can't find me an emergency dentist/doctor/gynaecologist/proctologist, today?"

I know. It's so selfish of the dentists/doctors etc to want to have the weekend with their families, catching up with their friends.

On the other side there are the other types of caller: they tend to be elderly and don't really want to make a fuss. Just because they have crushing chest pain, can't draw breath to finish two words, please don't send an ambulance. Ambulances are for desperately ill people, and it's only a little heart attack. No need to bother the nice young men/women.

One thing is for certain, working with the British public is anything but boring.

Oh. Changing the subject, ing and I were hanging out in MSN last night and he asked me about Hottie and our relationship. Apparently, I confused him because I refer to Hottie as Hottie and said she has sexy jammies. I know I don't need to, but I will explain.

Women, especially if they're on their own, tend not to receive compliments, or have many opportunities to flirt. Compliments and flirting are necessary for one's ego, makes a woman feel special; it doesn't actually matter if there is or isn't substance behind it. I have a large group of female friends and we all compliment and flirt together. Because, let's face it ~ it's not like a bloke is going to notice if you've had your hair done, or bought fabulous new sparkly eye shadow.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, eejit here just popping by.

    Trying to think of something else to dig myself out of my hole I made there, but nevermind...

    Ooh! You've had your hair done, right?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gladly flatter you anyday gorgeous.
    as long as you help me out in return.
    besides Hottie is a Hottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi eejit, sorry ing - you're forgiven. Actually, I have recently treated myself to a haircut and colour. Thanks for noticing.

    britswitch - hon, you know you are a complete babe. You're the one who makes this blogging business look good.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...