Monday, January 15, 2007

Blank

Mind, like page is blank. It has taken me all day to do, what should have been done in a couple of hours. I am preparing my Creative Practice portfolio (well, a box with stuff in it) to hand in for my interim assessment tomorrow. I still have a 1000 word critical appraisal to write and my document remains stubbornly blank.

While this entry is an exercise in procrastination, I'm also hoping that it will 'loosen' me up a bit, so I can have this wretched thing handed in by 11 am tomorrow. I'm beginning to get seriously worried about my lack of brain function. If I don't get my butt into gear I'm going to botch this degree. But my mind continues to be mush. Writing the most basic sentence takes forever. It's as if all my creativity had disappeared down the toilet.

I thought I'd try some exercise yesterday to see whether that would get the circulation and brain going again. What it meant was I got little or no sleep last night because I was so sore. I am functioning, as in cooking and actually doing the laundry, but nothing more than that is going on. Don't even mention the dissertation.

I fly out next Thursday and will be back on the 8th of February. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a PC to let you all know how I'm getting on, or not. Britwitch, who must be worshipped and adored, will be guarding my castle and my Boy while I'm away. I'm hoping he won't take advantage of her too much. He's pretty miffed that I'm leaving him behind, but we'll go out together for Easter, and it's the only way we could do this. I'm trying not to think of anything else at the moment. When I think too hard about stuff, it all goes horribly wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 pm

    hope you got your inspiration and got your critical appraisal done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:33 am

    Yes hope all went well...

    Our thoughts go with you when you fly out...come back safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:06 am

    Thanks Northern Monkey and Cogidubnus. I've managed two of my three deadlines. The last is today and unfortunately, I had a good night's sleep last night, all 4 and a half hours of it, so I feel wrecked.

    I've still got 1000 words Critical Appraisal to write and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:57 am

    Yay go you - 2/3rds of the way there! I'm working from home today and tomorrow in order to get some peace and quiet away from the office to hit a major deadline for Monday. Despite literally just sitting down at my desk already the distractions are proving immense (as you can see)....so I feel your pain...we could trade - your critical appraisal for my budget rewrite - mine's simple just moving numbers about on a spreadsheet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm...I hate to point this out to you, but I'm a Creative Writer. Budgets make me want to slit my wrists lengthways. I'm dreading having to do my tax over the weekend enough as it is.

    If it's okay with you, I'll just wish you luck and carry on with my appraisal.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...