Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stupid Questions

People who know me will confirm that I have a short patience span with complete idiots. It has led me into all kinds of trouble, but it's not a personality trait I'm willing to give up lightly. I had a conversation in the bank which went a bit like this:

me: I'd like to transfer some money out of my savings account *puts down relevant card*

the clerk (young, male, spotty): from your savings account?

me: yes

the clerk *waves my card*: are you sure this is your savings account?

At this point the sarky voice in my head is asking: who's else would it be? why would I give you a card wasn't my savings account? does it look like a Tesco clubcard?

This afternoon after taking more pictures en route, I had a bit of a shopping splurge at Poundland. One of the best places for a broke student to be. I bought myself a spanky new grater. When I got it home I had a bloody good laugh at the label.



Now you might be wondering what has set me off with that innocent lable. It's a multi-purpose grater. Yeah? What else are you going to use a grater for?

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:13 am

    Well...apart from the obvious, (grating of items), what about as in "The Throwback", the Tom Sharpe book...

    Not read it?

    Oh...suffice it to say it concerned the painful removal of an alkaloid-contaminated condom from a hyper-excited member...

    There are probably more too!

    We humans appear to be an inventive race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 pm

    Multipurpose grater...right up there with the warning on my peanut butter jar "allergy warning - contains nuts". Well duh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. cogidubnus ~ still involves grating, even if it's grating something completely bizarre.

    gertie ~ I can go one better. In the pub I bought Boy a packet of peanuts; on the back 'warning - may contain nuts'. I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:36 pm

    I like lables, the ones on child buggies are great! They usually say things like ~ "Remove child before collapsing buggy" ~ lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:33 pm

    I like labels on food with pictures of a serving suggestion - sometimes it's just the contents of the tin/box/carton on a plate....what did they think we would do with it? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. dianne ~ it's been ages since I've checked out the instructions on kiddies buggies. I do remember being completely intimidated by the instructions of both the buggy and the car seat. I know it's not very compassionate of me, but if a parent has to be told that the baby has to be taken out first, they should not be allowed to have baby in the first place.

    NM ~ I'm not sure what it is about the food I buy, but the pictures on the box always looks bigger than the actual food. It also looks more apetising.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...