Sunday, June 24, 2007

Letting it all Hang Out

One of the things that always catches me out is the anticipation of an event, the event itself and how I feel about the event during or afterwards. Thanks to Boy's generosity I came down with a stinking cold on Friday and felt awful all of yesterday. I rang in sick and I'm sure they didn't believe me; as they helped kick off the evening in a wine bar. I was best friends with my sofa and box of tissues. I feel a bit brighter today and have managed to potter around and do something useful today.

Apart from the cold, I feel like limp lettuce, or a dish rag that's been rung out. I'm excited about the show on Wednesday and I'm keen to start another project, but I haven't got the energy to do more than potter about. The Viking is taking us off to Dublin on Thursday; he's really looking forward to it - poor man really needs the break. He works so hard and then when he's come to see me, I've been stressed bunny. Thursday seems like it's ages away yet, and I can't really think about it yet, though I have given in and done the laundry for the clothes I'll be wearing. He's made a heck of a concession though, I am allowed to bring my black wheelie suitcase. As a seasoned back packer, he is a bit sniffy about suitcases, so I feel suitably honoured.

Today, I took a shovel to my bedroom and can now see my carpet, as well as a flame thrower to my desk. It's amazing how much crap I've allowed to build up. When I have the energy, the plan of action is to get a skip sooner rather than later. I'm going to have to be strong and everything that I haven't touched in 6 months is going to go (apart from my books). This is the end of a significant period of my life and I want to start the next clear of crap. Best foot forward and all of that.

By the way, if anyone is free on Wednesday between 17.30 and 20.30, I'd love your company. I can offer art, cheap wine, peanuts and Pizza Express afterwards. Drop me an e-mail, I'll give you directions.

8 comments:

  1. Did you say Pizza? You know totally UNPC and I both love Pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the show. Pizza sounds good but please no pineapple. It's just wrong. See you Wednesday. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. twining ~ you'll be more than welcome

    hottie ~ well don't order any pizza with pineapple on it! See you Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do my best to be there, i love pineapple...lol
    I would love to see the show...
    love Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. brown eyed girl ~ it should be fun, failing that, the Playhouse is just down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:43 pm

    Did somebody mention wine? & pizza? Ohhhhh my two favourite things for a drunken girly night! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:49 pm

    Hope the shows goes great - would love to be there but it's just not possible this week - will there be piccies for us long distance art lovers? Enjoy your evening (and the pizza and wine!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. G*N*D ~ my thoughts exactly.

    NM ~ we'll raise a glass to the faithful bloggers. I can't promise to post pictures straight away, but I will try and get stuff up eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...